- Expand Your Technical Skills – While searching and applying for fresher Oracle DBA jobs, it is very important to do your own research and learn one new thing every day. A candidate should be prepared for expanding his technical skills. For example, if you have learnt Oracle 11g version, then you should also get knowledge of other versions including, Oracle 9i, Oracle 10g and Oracle 12c. This becomes important as when you get into a job, there is no surety that you will only get to work on the version you have learnt. Every company may be having one or more versions of Oracle and you should be well prepared to work on as many versions as you can.
- Prepare well for the Interview – There are several ways to prepare for an interview. You can find some good books on Oracle DBA interview questions at a bookstore near you. These books not only contain interview questions, but can also help you in learning more things about Oracle. Most interviewers ask scenario based questions, therefore you should practice for such questions. There are many blogs, forums and websites where you can find many scenarios based questions and their solutions. You can also search for YouTube videos which can help you gather a lot of information. Practicing for Oracle DBA interview questions before attending the job interview can be very helpful.
- Resume – It is important that you submit a concise, well-written resume without any spelling or grammatical errors. You should properly highlight all your qualifications and training related to Oracle in the resume.
Having the proper training prior to embarking on a career such as this is essential. Courses such as Dental Assisting, Radiology, X-rays, Instrument Setup and Sedation are just a few of the basics you must master in order to fill all the requirements of the job. These courses are available at many Junior/Community Colleges, Colleges/Universities and accredited Technical Training Schools.
Having this training and becoming a registered assistant will open doors that lead to well paying jobs. You will be able to put all the skills learned to practical use, which will be appreciated by both the dentist and the patient receiving the treatment. In addition, knowing that you have established a career that is in demand is very self-satisfying.
Once you have completed your training and are certified you are ready to work, with dentists, taking care of a patient’s dental needs. This could be in a number of different locations. It might be in a dentist’s office, a laboratory, a prison, or with lower income populations in places such as Head Start or Migrant Programs.
Your job could cover one or several areas in a dental care environment. If working side by side with a dentist, your duty is to calm a nervous patient, lay out the correct instruments, take x-rays, operate any necessary equipment and any other duties required. In small offices, you might be expected to handle such things as setting up appointments or answering the phone when the receptionist is at lunch.
Some offices also have an adjoining laboratory. If this is the case, you may be expected to help make molds of teeth for bridges, caps and other work. This is good on-the-job training, which will work well if you decide to take more classes for advancement to a higher paying job.
Speed up the Process
You probably already know that it can take a while to find a job. Whether it’s your own experience or listening to people who have been out of work for a year or two, you know it’s not easy to find work in today’s day and age. This means that if you need a job, you need to work with someone who has access to more jobs than you do – and recruiters fit the bill.
Many companies have started hiring recruiters to do the hiring for them. They can’t be bothered looking through thousands of resumes. It’s just too time consuming for them. The benefit to working with a recruiter is that they know about all the companies that are hiring because they were hired by these companies in order to find qualified individuals.
Help You Clean Up Your Act
Recruiters can help you to clean up your act and discover why you haven’t gotten a job yet. Maybe you are over-qualified or under-qualified for the positions you are applying to. Maybe your resume is poorly written. Maybe you need some advanced training. Whatever the problem is, your recruiter is going to look at you and your resume, discover the problems, and help you fix them. This will ensure you are ready to go and all polished up when a job comes your way.
- Make your goals clear. If you’re content in your current position and don’t want further responsibility, it’s all right to say so. On the other hand, if you want something more, make sure that your employer knows it! There’s no need to be rude; simply putting the information out there is more than enough. For example, you might say, “I would eventually like to be a construction foreman, and I’d like the opportunity to develop leadership skills within my current position.” If your current employer doesn’t know that you want to move up, you may miss out on valuable opportunities. When you’re looking to move to a new company, share why you’re interested in them: “I love your company’s vision, and all of my interactions with the company have shown that your culture would be a great fit for me.” Your employer can’t read your mind. By clearly sharing exactly what is that you want, you’ll discover that they’re more likely to give it to you.
- Follow the application process. Whether you’re hoping to move up from within or you’re looking for a new job, it’s important to follow the described application process to the letter. Take a good look at even the most unusual or obscure instructions in the application process. Hiring managers at a new company take note of the details: if they tell you to send your information by email, do so. If they ask for a hard copy of your resume, it’s important to provide it. When you pay attention to the details of the application, you show that you’re genuinely interested in a specific job, not just following the same procedure for every application you put in–and you prove that you’ll give that same attention to detail in your everyday job performance.
- Practice what you want to say. When you approach your boss about your interest in a new position or promotion, practice it first! Take the time to think through exactly what you want to say and remove filler from the statement. You’ll find that this makes you appear more confident, which in turn increases your employer’s confidence in you.
- Be clear and positive about why you want the new position. It’s not that you feel you’re being under-utilized in your current position; instead, it’s that you think that you can bring more valuable skills and abilities to the table. You aren’t unhappy in your current job; rather, you think that a new job will be a great fit for you. When you’re positive about this shift in your employment status, you’ll discover that your attitude is more likely to rub off on the people in charge of putting you in a new position.
- Remember that it’s okay to ask for the changes you want. You aren’t being ungrateful for your current job, nor are you leaving your current team in the lurch. Instead, you’re making a career move that’s best for you and your family–and you can do it without guilt! Drop the guilt from your attitude before you make your desires clear. It’s only holding you back and preventing you from asking for the job you really want.
Determine whether to put jobs together or not?
You can do a lot of freelance work that involves short term employments which can be project or duration based. If all of the work you have done is the same then you are better off grouping it all together as a single experience. But when you have short term employment where you interacted with top players of your industry of had an important job for a project, then mention them separately.
Define employment dates
Anything that lasted over a month must be mentioned with dates. If you decide to mention different freelance projects separately, then mention them by the dates that you worked on them. Freelancing allows people to work on different projects simultaneously. Suppose you are a writer and have been working for five different clients on content writing jobs for six months, it would be better to group them all together as a single period and then give details of the projects that you wrote for.
Instead of just writing “Done freelancing for XYZ on 2 projects”, market yourself as a brand. You can make a brand of yourself and use it to indicate freelance work. This is a much more professional way of doing things and it will look great on your resume. Branding yourself will market you as an expert in the field as a professional having his/her own business.
Highlight success and achievement
It doesn’t matter if you had worked as a freelancer for 6 months or 2 years, you must highlight your successes and achievements during that period. If there are any achievements during your work as a freelancer, you must mention them along with other details. Achievements highlight your competence and authority over your industry and will be able to impress the recruiters.
Get prepared technically
You need to get all the equipment and software necessary for the remote job interview in advance. If you cannot invest in a computer camera, for instance, you can borrow one from a friend. You have to check the connection no matter whether you will be interviewed over the internet or over the phone.
It is equally important that you get well familiar with the hardware and software which you will be using. You have to know how to adjust the settings and how to troubleshoot basic problems.
Do the required research
You will have to conduct extensive research to learn as much as possible about the company and its culture. You should check not only their website, but their profile on the different social networks. You should get enough information which will help you to present yourself as the problem-solver which they are looking for. You should also get an idea of how to dress and how to approach the interviewer.
Get some practice
This is really important especially given the fact that you will have to handle the technology while focusing on the essence of the job interview. You can practice with a friend who should give you feedback on technical things like volume, light and interference and on personal performance aspects like confidence, clarity of the answers and professional conduct. Take note of any weaknesses and work to eliminate them to ensure that you will pull the best performance.
Arrange the right setting
For the remote job interview, you will need a quiet room which is well lit. You have to ensure that the background which the interviewer will see is neat and tidy. The background should be as professional as possible. Avoid having personal items like family photos behind you. Books are a much better option.
Approach the interview professionally
You should dress professionally from top to bottom as if you are going to a traditional interview. Make sure that you are on time and that your equipment is ready. You should focus on having a positive attitude and on smiling even if you cannot see the interviewer. While the person talks, you should make it known that you are listening by saying “yes” when appropriate.
Use helpful cues
Even if you use a camera, it has a limited range. This enables you to keep cues on the side of the computer. You can prepare notes with information on the company, statistical data and the questions which you plan to ask. Just remember that these are just cues. You should not look into them all the time.
Your employer insists on having employees tested from time to time for any evidence of substance abuse, but they could never accuse of anything because you are innocent. Then, the biggest nightmare that could ever happen to a man happened to you. You were retrenched, or you were forced to resign because the company does not just retrench people, it costs extra money. That is traumatic for you because you have a family to provide for, and at the end of the month, you have to pay the rent.
And what about food for the family and it’s even worse if you have children? And you run around everywhere like a headless chicken looking for work, but there is no work. Obviously, you will look in the same environment in which you normally work for employment. But there is no work. Now, you will have to adapt to your situation and look for other work, anything you can use to provide to your family. The chances are that the other work will not be enough to support your daily expenses and your cost of daily living.
If you are stuck in this kind of position, there is light at the end of the tunnel. But you will have to go out and look for it; you will have to find something else that will help to provide for your family. If you have a computer at home with a reliable internet, there is hundreds of work – from – home jobs on the internet. Maybe you are blessed, and you have a small package in your bank for those emergencies, then that you can use as capital and you can use that while the money starts flowing in. But if you don’t have that sort of package, I have found that prayer also works. Only, you will have to be sparingly with your internet connection until you can spend more money on it. I know in my country, you pay for that, and it can be expensive. And if you do not have enough to use as capital, all is not lost yet. You don’t have to have millions as capital, just start small and save, save, save and build up your small capital. But do not be fooled, it’s not that easy. There are so many websites where you can use to monetize your internet connection, and you need to find the right one that will suit your needs and your knowledge and expertise. And be wise; be very careful with what you decide to do. There are also thousands of scams that are ruthless and just waiting to rip you off. I might add more on this subject because there is so much to tell on this subject, and I limit myself to five hundred words per article, more or less.
Key highlights of a recent research report
According to a recent report, ‘MBA in India’ by IndiaCollegeSearch, it was found that MBA is the most popular post graduate degree in India. The report compiled by the education platform and university search engine also indicates that the popularity of the MBA program in India continues to grow, prominently in country’s most populous cities.
The top most preferred MBA destinations in India emerged out to be New Delhi, Bangalore and Mumbai. The study also highlighted that MBA in India attracts fresh graduates more than seasoned professionals.
So what is the most popular area of specialization?
The most sought after courses in MBA were those related to finance sector. Aspirant’s looking forward to work in investment banking and security firm roles get themselves enrolled in MBA finance courses. The other common courses of specialization after finance are human resources and marketing.
Opportunities Abound for the MBA freshers
The growing economy along with new business opportunities like ecommerce has triggered jobs for MBA freshers in India. As per the industry experts, hiring by ecommerce firms and startups has gone up over the last couple of years. Conventional MBA roles such as marketing and finance are being transformed by technological innovations.
When you begin looking further into these training courses, you will see that they will give you the opportunity to increase your knowledge-base and skills ten fold. You can take such training courses as introduction to sales, presentation skills training, and negotiation skills training. All of these courses will help you in developing the skills that will take you through the rest of your career. It is especially important that you choose the right place to receive your training from however. The more reputable the institution, the better it will look on your resume when you are trying to get the job you want.
Whether you are want to work in finance, media, or technology, this training will definitely be of help to you in many ways. Sometimes the broader education you receive at a university or college simply isn’t enough to get you in the door when it comes to a job in one of these fields. This specialized training is meant to provide you with a way to get the kind of job you have always wanted. It will also put you ahead of most other candidates who have not received the same type of training as you. These are the kind of things that employers look at when they are ready to hire someone new on their team.
Taking a few different leadership or management courses is a good idea if you want to take your career up a level and become not just another employee, but a leader as well. There are certain skills that you will need to develop, and getting involved in one of these training programs is the perfect way to do just that. You will find that once you start taking these courses, you will never hesitate again as to whether or not you are qualified for the job you are aiming for. Make sure to take your time in looking for a place to take these courses.
Before you take training to become an exterminator you need to make sure that you do not have an aversion to small spaces because some of the areas that an exterminator has to get into can be tight or small. You also need to make sure you can deal with all the different pests that an exterminator comes in contact with. An exterminator may have to deal with roaches crawling on them, picking up dead animals, touching things that pests such as ants, roaches, spiders, etc have touched or left behind. This can include mouse droppings, roach nests, and spider webs.
You will need a high school diploma or its equivalent and once you have finished your training and have on-the-job experience, you have to pass an exam to get your certification or license. During your training, you will learn how to get rid of pests like ants, roaches, mice.. This must be done without harm to pets and humans. In regards to pesticide, use and pest removal in the state where you will work this is something you will learn in training. When you use restricted pesticides, it is important to know how to put on the right warning labels in order to prevent exposure accidentally.
You should be able to talk with your clients so you can understand their pest problems because some customers may be distressed over the pests they found and be hard to understand when they try to tell the exterminator what they found. You also need to be physically able to climb up or down stairs or crawl into a crawlspace. You will need to have a good driving record because you usually will be driving a company van or truck.
The training to become exterminator last approximately three months and then you can get a job in an entry-level position so you can get the on-the-job experience to take the exam. In this position, you will not be able to use all of the pesticides and will be restricted to a certain amount. In some states, in place of training, they may allow you to work as an apprentice before you take the exam to get your license.