- Make your goals clear. If you’re content in your current position and don’t want further responsibility, it’s all right to say so. On the other hand, if you want something more, make sure that your employer knows it! There’s no need to be rude; simply putting the information out there is more than enough. For example, you might say, “I would eventually like to be a construction foreman, and I’d like the opportunity to develop leadership skills within my current position.” If your current employer doesn’t know that you want to move up, you may miss out on valuable opportunities. When you’re looking to move to a new company, share why you’re interested in them: “I love your company’s vision, and all of my interactions with the company have shown that your culture would be a great fit for me.” Your employer can’t read your mind. By clearly sharing exactly what is that you want, you’ll discover that they’re more likely to give it to you.
- Follow the application process. Whether you’re hoping to move up from within or you’re looking for a new job, it’s important to follow the described application process to the letter. Take a good look at even the most unusual or obscure instructions in the application process. Hiring managers at a new company take note of the details: if they tell you to send your information by email, do so. If they ask for a hard copy of your resume, it’s important to provide it. When you pay attention to the details of the application, you show that you’re genuinely interested in a specific job, not just following the same procedure for every application you put in–and you prove that you’ll give that same attention to detail in your everyday job performance.
- Practice what you want to say. When you approach your boss about your interest in a new position or promotion, practice it first! Take the time to think through exactly what you want to say and remove filler from the statement. You’ll find that this makes you appear more confident, which in turn increases your employer’s confidence in you.
- Be clear and positive about why you want the new position. It’s not that you feel you’re being under-utilized in your current position; instead, it’s that you think that you can bring more valuable skills and abilities to the table. You aren’t unhappy in your current job; rather, you think that a new job will be a great fit for you. When you’re positive about this shift in your employment status, you’ll discover that your attitude is more likely to rub off on the people in charge of putting you in a new position.
- Remember that it’s okay to ask for the changes you want. You aren’t being ungrateful for your current job, nor are you leaving your current team in the lurch. Instead, you’re making a career move that’s best for you and your family–and you can do it without guilt! Drop the guilt from your attitude before you make your desires clear. It’s only holding you back and preventing you from asking for the job you really want.
Determine whether to put jobs together or not?
You can do a lot of freelance work that involves short term employments which can be project or duration based. If all of the work you have done is the same then you are better off grouping it all together as a single experience. But when you have short term employment where you interacted with top players of your industry of had an important job for a project, then mention them separately.
Define employment dates
Anything that lasted over a month must be mentioned with dates. If you decide to mention different freelance projects separately, then mention them by the dates that you worked on them. Freelancing allows people to work on different projects simultaneously. Suppose you are a writer and have been working for five different clients on content writing jobs for six months, it would be better to group them all together as a single period and then give details of the projects that you wrote for.
Instead of just writing “Done freelancing for XYZ on 2 projects”, market yourself as a brand. You can make a brand of yourself and use it to indicate freelance work. This is a much more professional way of doing things and it will look great on your resume. Branding yourself will market you as an expert in the field as a professional having his/her own business.
Highlight success and achievement
It doesn’t matter if you had worked as a freelancer for 6 months or 2 years, you must highlight your successes and achievements during that period. If there are any achievements during your work as a freelancer, you must mention them along with other details. Achievements highlight your competence and authority over your industry and will be able to impress the recruiters.
Get prepared technically
You need to get all the equipment and software necessary for the remote job interview in advance. If you cannot invest in a computer camera, for instance, you can borrow one from a friend. You have to check the connection no matter whether you will be interviewed over the internet or over the phone.
It is equally important that you get well familiar with the hardware and software which you will be using. You have to know how to adjust the settings and how to troubleshoot basic problems.
Do the required research
You will have to conduct extensive research to learn as much as possible about the company and its culture. You should check not only their website, but their profile on the different social networks. You should get enough information which will help you to present yourself as the problem-solver which they are looking for. You should also get an idea of how to dress and how to approach the interviewer.
Get some practice
This is really important especially given the fact that you will have to handle the technology while focusing on the essence of the job interview. You can practice with a friend who should give you feedback on technical things like volume, light and interference and on personal performance aspects like confidence, clarity of the answers and professional conduct. Take note of any weaknesses and work to eliminate them to ensure that you will pull the best performance.
Arrange the right setting
For the remote job interview, you will need a quiet room which is well lit. You have to ensure that the background which the interviewer will see is neat and tidy. The background should be as professional as possible. Avoid having personal items like family photos behind you. Books are a much better option.
Approach the interview professionally
You should dress professionally from top to bottom as if you are going to a traditional interview. Make sure that you are on time and that your equipment is ready. You should focus on having a positive attitude and on smiling even if you cannot see the interviewer. While the person talks, you should make it known that you are listening by saying “yes” when appropriate.
Use helpful cues
Even if you use a camera, it has a limited range. This enables you to keep cues on the side of the computer. You can prepare notes with information on the company, statistical data and the questions which you plan to ask. Just remember that these are just cues. You should not look into them all the time.
Your employer insists on having employees tested from time to time for any evidence of substance abuse, but they could never accuse of anything because you are innocent. Then, the biggest nightmare that could ever happen to a man happened to you. You were retrenched, or you were forced to resign because the company does not just retrench people, it costs extra money. That is traumatic for you because you have a family to provide for, and at the end of the month, you have to pay the rent.
And what about food for the family and it’s even worse if you have children? And you run around everywhere like a headless chicken looking for work, but there is no work. Obviously, you will look in the same environment in which you normally work for employment. But there is no work. Now, you will have to adapt to your situation and look for other work, anything you can use to provide to your family. The chances are that the other work will not be enough to support your daily expenses and your cost of daily living.
If you are stuck in this kind of position, there is light at the end of the tunnel. But you will have to go out and look for it; you will have to find something else that will help to provide for your family. If you have a computer at home with a reliable internet, there is hundreds of work – from – home jobs on the internet. Maybe you are blessed, and you have a small package in your bank for those emergencies, then that you can use as capital and you can use that while the money starts flowing in. But if you don’t have that sort of package, I have found that prayer also works. Only, you will have to be sparingly with your internet connection until you can spend more money on it. I know in my country, you pay for that, and it can be expensive. And if you do not have enough to use as capital, all is not lost yet. You don’t have to have millions as capital, just start small and save, save, save and build up your small capital. But do not be fooled, it’s not that easy. There are so many websites where you can use to monetize your internet connection, and you need to find the right one that will suit your needs and your knowledge and expertise. And be wise; be very careful with what you decide to do. There are also thousands of scams that are ruthless and just waiting to rip you off. I might add more on this subject because there is so much to tell on this subject, and I limit myself to five hundred words per article, more or less.
Key highlights of a recent research report
According to a recent report, ‘MBA in India’ by IndiaCollegeSearch, it was found that MBA is the most popular post graduate degree in India. The report compiled by the education platform and university search engine also indicates that the popularity of the MBA program in India continues to grow, prominently in country’s most populous cities.
The top most preferred MBA destinations in India emerged out to be New Delhi, Bangalore and Mumbai. The study also highlighted that MBA in India attracts fresh graduates more than seasoned professionals.
So what is the most popular area of specialization?
The most sought after courses in MBA were those related to finance sector. Aspirant’s looking forward to work in investment banking and security firm roles get themselves enrolled in MBA finance courses. The other common courses of specialization after finance are human resources and marketing.
Opportunities Abound for the MBA freshers
The growing economy along with new business opportunities like ecommerce has triggered jobs for MBA freshers in India. As per the industry experts, hiring by ecommerce firms and startups has gone up over the last couple of years. Conventional MBA roles such as marketing and finance are being transformed by technological innovations.
Before you take training to become an exterminator you need to make sure that you do not have an aversion to small spaces because some of the areas that an exterminator has to get into can be tight or small. You also need to make sure you can deal with all the different pests that an exterminator comes in contact with. An exterminator may have to deal with roaches crawling on them, picking up dead animals, touching things that pests such as ants, roaches, spiders, etc have touched or left behind. This can include mouse droppings, roach nests, and spider webs.
You will need a high school diploma or its equivalent and once you have finished your training and have on-the-job experience, you have to pass an exam to get your certification or license. During your training, you will learn how to get rid of pests like ants, roaches, mice.. This must be done without harm to pets and humans. In regards to pesticide, use and pest removal in the state where you will work this is something you will learn in training. When you use restricted pesticides, it is important to know how to put on the right warning labels in order to prevent exposure accidentally.
You should be able to talk with your clients so you can understand their pest problems because some customers may be distressed over the pests they found and be hard to understand when they try to tell the exterminator what they found. You also need to be physically able to climb up or down stairs or crawl into a crawlspace. You will need to have a good driving record because you usually will be driving a company van or truck.
The training to become exterminator last approximately three months and then you can get a job in an entry-level position so you can get the on-the-job experience to take the exam. In this position, you will not be able to use all of the pesticides and will be restricted to a certain amount. In some states, in place of training, they may allow you to work as an apprentice before you take the exam to get your license.
Firstly, you have to gain a grip on the subject to become an expert. Without expertise, you cannot compete with your competitors. So, become a self-made digital marketing expert is essential to building your successful career.
After gaining knowledge on the subject, you have to get a good offer from a company. After gaining experience, you will get a sufficient knowledge on working on various sites. Your work experience helps you to become an expert.
You should become an expert in this field and you can do this by making business on the web, blogging, writing skills, or by publishing a book on the subject. There are many ways where you can brand yourself and power yourself.
Make a document of your ideas, strategies and send them to the CEO of your company. You can get a notice from your higher authorities and it helps to increase your payment.
Yes, you have to maintain the mindset where you would be ready to take up any challenging roles. Your officials will be finding it out from a mile away. Your attitude adds value for others and provides value even before you are hired.
So, get started by learning DM and you can become a DM expert in a short span of time. Learn all the digital marketing modules and get a high paying job.
Email marketing, SEO, social media marketing, content marketing and so on are the part of Digital Marketing. It is highly cost effective and you can use it regardless of business (whether small or big). The only thing you have to do is to set up your campaign depending on your budget. This helps you to save a lot of money. It would be simple to target your audience with digital marketing. You can target your potential clients depending on the location, sex, age and other parameters.
- First of all check your contract. What does it say about leaving? Some companies have rules that require the employees to serve a notice period before formally quitting their jobs. If you have that clause in your contract then serve that notice in an email addressed to the higher management, CEO and the HR department.
- Don’t go around telling every one of your colleagues that you want to leave. Not everyone in the company is your friend. Just tell the higher management or your team leader or a senior colleague that you have finally decided to leave the company. Do not tell everyone before you get a green signal from the higher management. And it is better if you disclose this one week before you leave.
- What is your reason for leaving? A lot of people are going to ask about this and the best answer is that you found a better opportunity that you couldn’t refuse. Do not in any case tell people any other reason, no matter how much you hate working there, do not let anyone know that you are leaving simply because you had enough.
- Some companies may have an exit interview with you. This is usually not a standard procedure but usually this interview involves the higher management or the HR asking you why you are leaving. Stick to the answer stated above. There is no need to let them know what’s wrong with the company. Do not turn this into a consulting session and stick to the corporate answer. If there is nothing nice you can say, then just keep quiet and walk out of there.
- Your resignation letter is probably the most important thing right now. What do you want to say in it? This is entirely up to you. If you enjoyed your work, then write a thankful email to your colleagues and the management. If you are glad to leave and had enough, then a quick resignation will be enough. A couple of lines about the reason and the date when you plan to leave will be enough. You can also ask the HR or the CEO to spread the word of you leaving the company or you can email your colleagues yourself later on before you leave.
The purpose of this article is to show you that a quiet departure is best and there is no need to criticize the company or management if you had a bad experience working there. And there is no need to use your resignation email to show your hatred towards your job.
Create a customised CV for your future employer
Now that you are dedicated to making your booklet CV, you need to go the extra step and make it personalised for the employer. The first thing a sceptical employer will think is that you have printed off fifty booklets and posted them to every marketing job in the country. So on the first page it needs to say, “Why I am perfect for the role of xxxxx at xxxx.” Mention the company by name and the job by name. Do not write, “Why I am perfect for your job” because that reeks of duplicated copies. It needs to make it clear from the outset that you made this booklet for that company and that job only.
You also need to directly reference the company and its departments. You can even insert a map showing how close you live to the company, and explain how easy it will be for them to call you into the office at a moment’s notice.
The employer looks through hundreds of applications in his or her business life. Lots of people who give advice for CVs want you to make reading your CV convenient, so they tell you to keep it short and concise. And, in many situations that would be perfect. In-fact for lower paid jobs it is ideal. But, for this job, for a marketing job in particular, you need to stand out from the crowd. Your CV also needs to be memorable. If you can get one of the office staff to look at your CV and show it to someone else for the sheer novelty value of it alone, then you have proven yourself to be the most effective marketing professional out of all those applicants.
How to create a good layout
Above all the layout must be very targeted, and the way you may achieve this is to set it out to give a blow by blow account of why you are perfect for the role. A good marketing strategy has always been to introduce a product and then give benefit after benefit to the consumer until he or she cries out for the product. You must do the same with your layout. You must create easy to read parcels of information that simply pile benefit atop benefit of why they should employ you.
Your CV must be an achievement driven booklet, and the thing you wish to achieve is gaining employment. You must create very concise and very targeted parcels of information with absolutely no fluff or unnecessary wordage. Get help with creative writing or look at sample CVs online for good ways to express yourself.
Your mindset when you are writing
This is very important because you need to consciously set the correct tone for your CV. At the beginning of every paragraph, or every parcel of information, you need to say the words, “you should employ me because” in your head. Your CV needs to be goal oriented in the same way that your marketing would be goal orientated. Don’t forget your ABCs – “Always Be Closing.” Every paragraph needs to have this feel to it. You always need to work towards the “yes”.
Use your marketing talents in order to show your expertise
Frankly, the marketing company will be looking for proof of your skills and marketing knowledge within the CV itself. Missing out on this opportunity to show off your talents would be like walking to a job interview as for a taxi job, or a web designer using a lacklustre web design on which he sells his design services. Your competing job applicants will have showcased their talents on their CV so you need to do the same.
How to insert a “head-slapper” at the end
You need to create a final page that has a lasting impact. Therefore you should come up with something that is clever to the point of almost being witty. The reader should smile as he or she reads it and be in almost awe of your audacious cleverness. An example may be something such as claiming that you are the best marketing professional on the job market, so much so that even “you” have read this booklet all the way to the end. With the “you” referring to the employer reading the booklet.
If you are majoring in Accounts and plan to work in accounts department, you probably do not want to intern in a hospital. So be sure that the tasks and responsibilities are matching to the type of career path you want to pave. Go for the internship which is adding new tools to your toolbox.
When you go for the interview, try to take the feel of the environment. There is no point of settling for an internship where you don’t feel comfortable. Always remember environment in internship and your experience are interrelated. You should have a proper work space with required equipment.
The whole idea of an internship is to get opportunities in future. Networking is one of the important considerations while choosing an internship. Look for an internship which will introduce you to new people, new tasks and new responsibilities. This has a potential of giving you a ticket to a job later.
This becomes an important consideration keeping your financial situation in mind. During internship, you do not earn a handsome salary so you want to be in an internship in which the location won’t be much of a burden to you.
Most college students have already studies and work to cop with. So, choose an internship which understands your schedule as well. In short, an internship should be a stepping stone to a great future rather than being a roadblock.
The success of an internship depends on the excellent supervision. Is there a proper guidance to help you complete a task or clarify questions? You will never know if you are doing things properly in the absence of a great supervision. It takes time to get accustomed to a new environment and new tasks. You want someone who can provide you invaluable experience and guide you throughout.
Feedback’s are perfect way to know there is still a scope of learning. If you want to succeed in your professional life, look for an internship that offer structured evaluations. Criticism should be taken in a positive sense and thrive to seek the best results.
Incentives promote loyalty and retention. An intern is bound to be a penny-pinker because of his constrained budget. When a company provides perks and incentives, it gives a person reason to stay one more month. It also boosts their morale, foster communication and help add value to the company.