- First of all check your contract. What does it say about leaving? Some companies have rules that require the employees to serve a notice period before formally quitting their jobs. If you have that clause in your contract then serve that notice in an email addressed to the higher management, CEO and the HR department.
- Don’t go around telling every one of your colleagues that you want to leave. Not everyone in the company is your friend. Just tell the higher management or your team leader or a senior colleague that you have finally decided to leave the company. Do not tell everyone before you get a green signal from the higher management. And it is better if you disclose this one week before you leave.
- What is your reason for leaving? A lot of people are going to ask about this and the best answer is that you found a better opportunity that you couldn’t refuse. Do not in any case tell people any other reason, no matter how much you hate working there, do not let anyone know that you are leaving simply because you had enough.
- Some companies may have an exit
Create a customised CV for your future employer
Now that you are dedicated to making your booklet CV, you need to go the extra step and make it personalised for the employer. The first thing a sceptical employer will think is that you have printed off fifty booklets and posted them to every marketing job in the country. So on the first page it needs to say, “Why I am perfect for the role of xxxxx at xxxx.” Mention the company by name and the job by name. Do not write, “Why I am perfect for your job” because that reeks of duplicated copies. It needs to make it clear from the outset that you made this booklet for that company and that job only.
You also need to directly reference the company and its departments. You can even insert a map showing how close you live to the company, and explain how easy it will be for them to call you into the office at a moment’s notice.
The employer looks through hundreds of applications in his or her business life. Lots of people who give advice for CVs want you to make reading
If you are majoring in Accounts and plan to work in accounts department, you probably do not want to intern in a hospital. So be sure that the tasks and responsibilities are matching to the type of career path you want to pave. Go for the internship which is adding new tools to your toolbox.
When you go for the interview, try to take the feel of the environment. There is no point of settling for an internship where you don’t feel comfortable. Always remember environment in internship and your experience are interrelated. You should have a proper work space with required equipment.
The whole idea of an internship is to get opportunities in future. Networking is one of the important considerations while choosing an internship. Look for an internship which will introduce you to new people, new tasks and new responsibilities. This has a potential of giving you a ticket to a job later.
This becomes an important consideration keeping your financial situation in mind. During internship, you do not earn a handsome salary so you want to be in an internship in which the location won’t be much of a burden to you.
- You Acquire New Skills: You might take up a job which requires you to use a certain skill set, that you did not employ ever before to pursue a job. This skill set might act like a cherry on top, with your current skill set. For instance, you work as a customer service support agent and take a part-time job that requires the skills of a data entry operator. So, after you have spent a considerable amount of time working on both the roles, you can apply for higher job openings, that require the skills which you acquired as a data entry operator and as a customer service agent.
- Might Lead To a Better Job: As mentioned above, part-time jobs allow you to acquire skills and expertise, which might lead to a full-time job offer from the same domain or the employer. If you work with high amount of dedication and commitment, your employer might offer you a full-time role considering the fact that you have added value to his business, that too, being a part-timer and shall help you in getting identified as a professional who brings to the table more than what they promised.
- A Strengthened
Going by the estimates of the Bureau of Labor Statistics, these days there are five applicants for just one job opening. A survey conducted by CareerBuilder estimates that only 44 percent of the employers may have jobs for fresh graduates from college. All such statistical figures are really disheartening for jobseekers.
Many of those coming out of colleges are graduates and post graduates too. Because they sought additional loans from banks to support their education, they are certainly under pressure to pay back those loans, and they are quite frantic to get jobs. Because of the scarcity of jobs, these graduates might remain under debt for long. It’s no wonder that many college students, when finding the job market so tough, have no option but to give up further studies due to financial issues.
Many feel that the Occupy Wall Street Movement had much to do with the situation that students are facing these days. There’s a massive burden of debt, but in the past it was not difficult to find a job after having completed college.
Well, the good news is that accounting and retailing companies are coming with new job opportunities for college
If your job entails such a duty, you know all about the equipment, which is going to allow you to work at that height, in a safe manner. You also know something about safety regulations, procedures and rules. Professional height training is going to ensure your knowledge about these procedures. Also, you are going to know all about using your equipment at such a height, in a proper, methodical, safe, and systematic manner.
What Should Work At Height Training Consist of:
Training is basically not all about safety procedures and principles, but a good company is going to give you training about awareness of your equipment, safety, job responsibilities and duties and awareness of technical procedures. All of this is going to increase your knowledge, in particular you by experienced and skillful guides, trainers and instructors.
Many height training companies offer you on the job training; that means that they are going to come to your site, and train your employees right there. So that means, apart from theoretical knowledge, they get a chance to learn practical knowledge, especially when they are going through the on-site training session under the guidance of these professional trainers.
We live in an age where we are surrounded by data. Communicating with all this data is a challenging task. Earlier, industries relied on simple tools such as BI for Data Mining, but with the advent of technical statistics and computer science, this has evolved to be known as Data Science. The introduction of Big Data and its relation to Information Technology led to its grand scale rise.
With Data Science, we can learn the hidden information in the data, and by applying analytics, we can use this information to solve business problems, foresee future trends and understand certain patterns which would be very difficult to be performed just by applying human intellect. But only mining some diverse set of data is not enough. The success depends on building programs based on the data which enhances the industrial results, and that’s what Data Scientists are expert in.
It is actually a platform where Business, Computer Science and Statistics come together. The job of a Data Scientist includes:
- Organizing: This refers to the collection of data through open source software frameworks such as Hadoop and SAS.
- Modeling: This is where a Data Scientist transforms, integrates and refines
I think my real fascination began when I needed to purchase a set of tires for my Land Rover LR4. I went off-roading once and hoped to do it again so I wanted tires that would support that kind of activity while lasting a long time with typical over the road traveling. The Land Rover weighs close to 2 tons so that is a lot of pressure on the tire. I had purchased a set of inexpensive tires previously for the Land Rover and they didn’t even last 10 months! This time I wanted the tires to last, even if I had to pay more. My family used to own and operate a tire store for 45 years where my brother was the salesman for many of those years. For my new set of tires my brother explained to me what treads would grip the road better and what type of tire had better rubber allowing the tire to last longer. The more expensive tires only cost me an additional $200 for the set and were a world of difference for performance and durability. I was hooked! My brother proved how invaluable a knowledgeable salesperson can be.
- Judicial Services – Since judiciary is one of the respectable professions, so First focus of law graduates is to clear judicial exams conducted by the Honorable High Courts for their respective States. Judiciary does not only provide good salary but it also provides satisfaction to one’s own conscience by service the Nation.
- Petitioner/ Litigant: This track of career allows a law student to be a professional lawyer for the public or private sector by choice. The professional path to practice law in courts under the specialized field of law, like Taxation, Constitutional practice nor or Family. The litigant can practice for criminal cases, family matters, civil litigation after qualifying Bar Examination to join Courts of Law to practice.
- Legal Advisor: Law career also gives advance professional partnership to be a legal counselor with companies and corporate. Advising businessman, and big companies with updated terms and conditions are the main purpose to hold the legal matters. As a legal adviser, you can join both private and public sector. Private Sector: Private Corporate and Industries, Private Banks, Multi National Companies, etc.
Public Sector: Companies and Industries under government, Nationalized Banks, Legal Advisor for other Government Agencies.
While in private jobs, people are laid off, the government jobs are recession proof. In these jobs, people are not laid off whether or not there is a recession in the economy. Moreover, recessions do not affect the government organizations at all. In other words, the people do not stop getting their salaries when they work in one of the government jobs. In fact, you would never lose your job when you work for the government since the government jobs are stable.
When you take up these jobs, you can easily get promoted to the next level. In a government job, the more the number of years you serve the government, the higher are your chances of getting a promotion. Obviously, this could work out to be an advantage as well as a disadvantage because someone, who is above average, may not be able to grow faster than his average colleagues.
Perks and benefits
In these jobs, one can get not only promotions, but also retirement benefits. Moreover, you can get paid vacations to a place of your choice when you work for the government. Your salary would also increase